obedient and mild mannered * loves to paint and skate * living in a foster home * likes animals *
$5,000 Bright Futures agency grant if adopted through Madison Adoption Associates (MAA)
Eunice is well-liked by her foster parents, friends, and neighbors. She is a quiet and introverted girl who is very obedient and mild-mannered. She is not a picky eater- she eats just about everything, but chocolate and candy are her favorites…who can blame her? Eunice loves to paint and skate!
Eunice attends a school outside of the orphanage, where she studies Chinese, math, English, and many other subjects. She does okay in school, but needs some help on her homework, especially math.
SPECIAL NEEDS and DEVELOPMENT
Eunice was given treatment for encephalopathy when she was a newborn and is said to have hyperplasia of the outer eyelid of the right eye. This doesn’t seem to have much affect on her vision, but sometimes makes her eye a bit more watery. Eunice is independent with all of her self-care.
She has been in the same foster home since 2006.
2016 Written Update:
1. How is her mental ability compared to peers the same age? Fair
2. How does her special need affect her health It is not found to affect her health.
3. Please describe her personality in details.
She is quiet and timid. She does not talk loudly and her speech is a little unclear. She is polite and she gets along well with her foster parents and friends.
4. Is she well behaved and obedient? She is well behaved and obedient.
5.How are her gross motor skills? Can she walk, run, jump, walk upstairs and downstairs by herself? Can she kick a ball? Can she pick up a ball? Any limited functions? No issues. She can run, jump, go downstairs and upstairs, ride a bike and so on.
6. How are her fine motor skills? Can she draw or scribble on paper? Can she pick up little things with her fingers? No issues, she can pick up little things and can draw and write.
7. Is she in any kind of school? If so, what school? Can she catch up in school? She is in fourth grade in a public school near her foster family, but it is a special class just for the orphanage kids. Her academic performance is not very good.
8. How is her emotional development? Is the child attached to anyone? Who is she close to? Does she care for other people?She is close to her foster parents and gets along well with friends. She likes animals, especially the puppy at home.
9.How are her social skills? Does she get along well with other children and adults?She gets along well with familiar people.She does not talk much with strangers.
10. Is she under foster care or living in the orphanage? If foster, when did she enter the foster home? How does she do there? Has it been the same foster home all the time? She has been in the same foster home since June 15, 2006. The parents like her very much.
11. How is the language ability of the child? What can she say? Can she speak one word, two words or sentences? Can she express her needs well? Is her language ability the same as peers the same age? Her language development is behind kids the same age. Her speech is not very clear. When she communicates with familiar people, she can speak whole sentences. When she communicates with unfamiliar people, she often nods or shakes her head or uses gestures.
12. Can the child follow directions of adults? One step, two steps, or three steps? Yes
13. Is the child on any medication? No
Updated measurements: Height: 121 cm，Weight: 19 kg, Head circ: 46.5 cm， Chest circ: 55 cm，Foot length: 19 cm, Number of teeth: 22
If you are interested in reviewing Eunice’s file or in adopting Eunice, please fill out a free PAP Waiting Child Review Form, which can be found here: https://madison.mysamdb.com/…/FamilyInformationSheet_Edt.as…
Please feel free to e-mail me at any time to ask about Eunice or any child on TwentyLess
TwentyLess is not an agency, it is an advocacy site run by an adoptive mom (me) who would love to see every child with a family of their very own.